He was the son of Federico and Genoveffa Mozzo, farmers, studied in the seminary of Padua and was ordained priest on 7 July 1935. He took the Canonical Right degree at the Gregorian University and in 1938 was executive by the Episcopal Curia of Padua, where in 1942 became chancellor and cooperator of the parish of S. Thomas More . From 25 January 1953 he was archpriest mitred abbot in the parish of S. Tecla d’Este. On 30 September 1962 he was appointed bishop of Fidenza by Pope John XXIII and was consecrated on 11 November in the duomo of Este by the archbishop of Padua, Bortignon. On 16 December he made his solemn entrée in Fidenza. He founded the new parishes of Sacred Heart in Tabiano Terme, S.Giuseppe Lavoratore , San Paolo and San Francesco in Fidenza; he opened the Youth Don Bosco Center.
In 1975 he founded the Diocesan Charity, organized the centenary of the Dedication of the Cathedral in 1983. In 1987 he called together the diocesan synod . Having reached the retirement age , on 13 May 1988 he renounced the guide of the Diocese following the indication of Vatican Council II. At his death in Padua 2003 his body has been transferred to the crypt of the cathedral in Fidenza.