He was sixth of 16 sons, and attended theology by the major seminary of Brescia. He was ordained priest on 6 January 1924. He took his theology degree at the University of Milan. At the Biblical Institute of Rome he obtained the licence in Holy Writings. From 1927 to 1951 he was teacher of Holy Scriptures by the seminary of Brescia. In 1942 he was nominated parish in S. Alessandro of Brescia. On 6 January 1952 he was appointed auxiliary bishop in Brescia then was transferred to the See of Fidenza by Pope John XXIII on 29 March 1961 and on 21 May he made his entrance.
He officiated the first centenary of the Unity of Italy in Fidenza . At his death he was buried in the crypt.